Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Feeling crafty...

Lately I've been feeling crafty. Not like I want to be mean to others, but I want to craft and create and paint and the like. I want to work on something and be proud to hold the results in my hand. I've always wanted to be one of those people that others admired for their artistic/crafty ability. (Kind of like my sister! No, a lot like my sister.) But lately, the feeling has been overwhelming. I think part of it is that I'm a little bored. But part of it is just a crazy feminine desire to create!
Now my friend Christi has introduced me to crafty type blogs. I'm very thankful to her. And very mad at her. Now I want to craft even more! I could easily fill our home with home-made crafts. I would sew and paint and create until my heart felt content. Part of me thinks I could easily sell stuff on etsy or the like, but I'd have to actually spend money up front to buy the needed supplies.
Thus, I have to wait and make myself content with Thanksgiving countdown paper chains. And sweeping the kitchen floor. And making new recipes like lasagna. And attempting to do laundry with our ghetto-tastic dryer.
Oh how I long to be crafty...

No comments: