That, my friends, is a baby! And it just happens to be growing in my tummy! I'm still in shock, even though I've known for quite a while now. I'm pregnant! I'm going to have a baby! Wow!
So here are the details I know you're dying to know:
- Yes, we were trying. After the miscarriage and the diagnosis of PCOS we were very anxiously waiting for that little pink plus sign. However, we didn't think we would get pregnant for several more months. We were both shocked when it showed up.
- I am currently 9 wks and 2 days along. We are due July 30, 2012. We are hoping the baby decides to come earlier rather than later. DJ starts tennis camp the second week of August and if this baby is too late we'll have a serious problem on our hands!
- We told both sets of parents at Thanksgiving. They are thrilled more than words can say! Our grandparents found out at Christmas.
- I have been good and sick and have honestly loved it! After wanting a baby for so long, having a daily reminder that the baby is still in there is a wonderful blessing. I do not enjoy eating when I'm not hungry, but I am so thrilled to be pregnant I don't mind it that much. :) I don't mind the fact that I've lost 5 pounds, either!
- We will have a Winnie the Pooh nursery. Any contributions (Winnie the Pooh or otherwise) are welcomed!
- I don't have a gut instinct about whether it's a boy or a girl. It depends on the day. Today I truly can't decide. DJ is torn about what the baby will be, but he usually leans towards boy.
- My head is still swimming with questions and dreams and ideas. I am amazed that God has chosen me to be a part of His beautiful miracle. Where once there was nothing, now there's life!
- Seeing the baby and seeing that little heart beat was one of the more memorable moments in my life. I cried, DJ cried, the doctor cried. It was a heck of a moment.
I can't wait to see all the Lord has in store for us in this beautiful new chapter. I'm excited about all of the changes and I'm beyond thrilled to start life as a MOMMY!