Thursday, October 15, 2009

YUM!

Yesterday I made cookies and they were some of the gosh dern best cookies I've made in a while! We're loving them...
Here's the recipe:

1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup of vegetable oil

Optional:
1/2 or 1 teaspoon of any flavor extract
1 cup of chocolate chips, peanuts, walnuts, etc.

Mix all ingredients well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. (They don't spread out very much so feel free to crowd them in there!!) Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
The cookies will be soft and yummy. Best when eaten straight out of the oven.

Last night, I used yellow cake mix and added lemon extract. But I've also used white and chocolate mixes. I've never tried red velvet but I'm wanting to... The best part is that you can stick just about anything in the mix. White chocolate, butterscotch, M&Ms, whatever! If you like bar cookies more, you can press the mix into a square pan and it's a bit more like a cake. It's a wonderful, delightful, treat that won't last through tomorrow in our house!
Enjoy! And be careful - they're addicting!

No comments: