Thursday, October 8, 2009

A new friend!

We had Community Group last night and it was wonderful. I got serveal hugs, laughed and joked like we were all old friends, and we made plans to go to the free movie in the park on Friday night! But the best part is that I talked to one gal in particular for a long time. (We were the last family to leave!) We discovered that we had a lot in common (like we're both stay-at-home wives and love to craft and create) and now have plans to go have lunch together. I'm excited about the prospects and thrilled to have a friend. Once again, I feel like things are falling into place.

In other news, Marley is still a coward. He's now scared of the kitchen. This creates major problems when it comes to time for him to eat breakfast or dinner. Or go outside. Or get a puppy treat. Or do anything but stand at the door way and whine. He's such a wienie!!

I love pretty much everything about fall. (I'm not such a fan of Halloween.) The weather, the colors of nature, the approaching holidays, the fall harvest foods... Yesterday the high was in the 60s. I got very excited about the apples on sale at Wal-Mart and bought enough to make a beautiful center piece for the table. In a few days I'll make a yummy apple treat. But for now, they're just beautiful sitting on the table!! Today, however, the high will be 89 and miserably muggy. Tomorrow, the high will return to the 60's. I'm very ready for the cold weather, but I hate the way the heat fights back and insists on hanging around.

That's the news from my neck of the woods. Not much is going on here. We're loving being together and are so glad we're not in different cities anymore... The busted lap top has been repaired so I'm hoping to get some pictures up soon. And now, it's time for a nap! I love naps...

No comments: