Monday, October 19, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words...

You asked for them, here they are! The camera is back home (Yes, we read the ransom note. Your chocolate is on it's way!) and I finally loaded the pics on the computer. So here's what we've been up to recently...

My mom's birthday cake - she loves daisies! So I made a daisy cake! We also gave her a scrapbooking shelf that had cute little daisies on it!

D.J.'s mom's birthday cake - she loves lighthouses! So I made a lighthouse cake! I'm really proud of this one! D.J. did all the cutting and building and I iced it! We also gave her a lighthouse puzzle that we bought on our honeymoon.

I painted a super fun cowboy/wrangler for D.J.'s tennis team. He was just a wooden cut out. Now he has a cute personality. We named him "Wrangler Joe"!
We went to the State Fair. I'd never been before, but I remember seeing "Big Tex" in my history book in 7th grade. I was thrilled to get to "meet" him! D.J. was thrilled to finally get his Sate Fair corn dog. I've never seen anyone so excited about eating a weenie on a stick!

We also saw the biggest pig I've ever seen! He weighed some 1,100 ridiculous pounds! Do you see D.J. behind him? D.J. looks teeny next to him! I love my super hot husband!! The pig just smelled bad...

And just because I love them so much, here's a few pictures of the puppies:
While I was cleaning the other day, Cua and Marley curled up in the sunlight from the open window. They were so adorable, I had to snap a few pictures. The other two are actually a little old - I just think they're cute! They were playing and wrestling and I just love the way they contrast each other with their black and white!

No comments: