Monday, August 31, 2009

Between the Altar and the Door

Happy Monday! I've heard reports that it's surprisingly cool outside and weather.com says the high will only be 87 today. Hot diggity! (Or should I say, cold diggity?)

I had a long talk with my best friend on Friday. She got married one year, one month, and two days before me. Not long after her wedding, she and her husband moved to a new city and started a life together where they knew no one. It was wonderful to hear that she struggles with the same feelings I've been struggling with. It was good for my heart. We were able to laugh at ourselves and encourage one another. I'm going to have to call her more often...

Yesterday at church I realized that all along we have trusted that the Lord has a plan that was far more perfect than we ever could dream or imagine! However, that plan may or may not include a job. But for now, I have an unprecidented opportunity to become a prayer warrior on behalf of my husband, family, and friends. I've been given a beautiful four-bedroom "prayer closet"! Since I'm home alone all day, I can fall on my face or dance before the Lord with no shame! What a precious opportunity I've been missing... I left church so ready for today to be different! I was deteremined to do what the Lord was calling me to do.

However, this morning the couch is extra soft and my pajamas super comfy. The excuses are many and the motivation is low. I'm very much reminded of one of my favorite Casting Crown songs: "Between the Altar and the Door".

Careless, I am reckless
I'm a wrong-way traveling, slowly unraveling, shell of a man
Burnt out, I'm so numb now
That the fire's just an ember way down in the corner, of my cold, cold heart
Lord this time, I'll make it right, here at the altar I lay my life
Your Kingdom come but my will was done, my heart is broken as I cry...
Like so many times before
But my eyes, are dry before I leave the floor, oh Lord
I try but this time, Jesus, how can I be sure I will not lose my follow through
Between the altar and the door
Here at the altar, my world so black and white
How could I ever falter
What You've shown me to be right
I'm trying so hard to stop trying so hard
Just let You be who You are
Lord, who You are in me
Jesus, I'm trying so hard to stop trying so hard
Just let You be who You are
Lord, who You are in me
Oh Lord I cry
Like so many times before
But my eyes are dry before I leave the floor, Oh Lord
I try but this time, Jesus how can I be sure, I will not lose my follow through
Between the altar and the door

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yes, you should call her more, she's a terrific friend! :) Haha love you and love your blog!!!!!