Yesterday was D.J.'s first day of school and I stayed at home all day. I learned several things...
1. When you are out of the canned dog food that your dog LOVES you can not add water to the dry dog food to create your own gravy. Dogs know the difference between chicken in a can and dry food you've turned into mush.
2. When said dog doesn't eat breakfast, she is grumpy the rest of the day and tends to vomit on the carpet.
3. My Cricut machine can't create a shadow for 5 1/2" letters.
4. Staying at home is not for the faint at heart. You're left at home alone with your worst critic and a to do list with no accountability.
5. I have little or no self-discipline. (Except when it comes to putting myself down - that happens to be one of my most consistent activities.)
6. Holding all of your emotions in all day leads to a complete and total melt-down when your husband comes home at the end of the day.
7. Flour weevils actually lay their eggs on the plant before it is harvested. They survive the milling process and hatch out in your flour a few months later. These weevils then ruin the cookies you're trying to make for your husband to celebrate his first day of school.
8. Air Bake pans make perfect snickerdoodle cookies!
9. Dogs are not the best conversationalists.
10. When you run to Wal-Mart and try to get in and out in 30 minutes or less you absolutely will forget something you need.