Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm sorry...

I must confess that I was mistaken. Mom reminded me last night that she did not say I needed to spice up my blog. She said details would spice up my blog. I'm sorry for the mix-up folks! This will attempt to correct my mistake...

Cinnamon is a small evergreen tree belonging to the family Lauraceae, native to Sri Lanka, or the spice obtained from the tree's bark. It is often confused with other similar speceis and the similar spices derived from them, such as Cassia and Cinnamomum burmannii, which are often called cinnamon too. (Cinnamon is also my current favorite spice. I tend to crave it daily!)

Allium sativum, commonly known as garlic, is a species in the onion family Alliaceae. Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, and chive. Garlic has been used throughout recorded history for both culinary and medicinal purposes. It has a characteristic pungent, spicy flavor that mellows and sweetens considerably with cooking.

Parsley is a bright green biennial herb, often used as a spice. It is common in Middle Eastern, European, and American cooking. Parsley is used for its leaf in much the same way coriander, although parsley has a milder flavor.

There ar emany varieties of basil. That which is used in Italian food is typically called sweet basil, as opposed to Thai basil, lemon basil, and holy basil, which are used in Asia. While most common varieties are treated as annuals, some are perennial in warm, tropical climates, African Blue, and Holy Thai basil. Basil is originally native to Iran, India, and other tropical regions of Asia, having been cultivated for more than 5,000 years.

Is this what you're looking for Mom? Is that enough spicy details? LOVE YOU!

(Thank you Wikipedia!)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This is the funniest thing ever!