Saturday, September 12, 2009

Date Night

Yesterday I called my sweet husband at work and told him that I was in desperate need of a date with him. He took my request seriously and told me to be ready to leave when he got home at 4. Words cannot express how excited I was! I was thrilled to shower, cover myself in lotion, and carefully do my hair and make up. I even had fun picking out what to wear! When D.J. got home, his jaw dropped. I was just wearing blue jeans and a cute top, but his reaction made my heart soar!
We went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and enjoyed a delicious dinner. (The manager even came to the table to ask me about my food allergies to make sure my food was safe! That never happens!) We then went to the smoke free Bowl-A-Rama in Rowlett. On the way I learned quite a few things about this man I thought I knew so well. Like the fact that he has a custom made bowling ball, was in a bowling league with his father when he was 14, and he used to be the bowling coach at his school! For those of you who don't know, I usually bowl following the rules of golf - the lowest score wins the game! I've never broken 45 - much to my father's dismay. Needless to say I was quite intimidated. I made it clear that I didn't want to be coached and that I could care less about the score.
It turned out that I had nothing to fear. Yes, D.J. beat me every time and is a really good bowler! (The lady in the lane next to us was quite jealous.) However, I am happy to report that the only strike in the first game was mine. (It was also my first strike ever!) We played five games - and only followed the rules once. We played using our non-dominant hand, we granny bowled, we switched bowling hands, and we bowled with our eyes closed. I must say that my highest score was when we bowled blindfolded! (Well, we walked up to the line and closed our eyes and let it fly down the lane.) Until the 9th frame, where I'm convinced D.J., peeked I was smoking my oh-so-talented husband!
We came home and curled up in bed with a movie - something we've never gotten to do after a date! I LOVE BEING MARRIED!!!
All in all, it was a delightful evening. It was even raining the whole time - so it was just like our honeymoon! On a random side note, it is still raning today (at 2pm) and my sweet puppy refuses to go anywhere near the door to go outside. I fear she just might burst!! Oh well, what's a girl to do?

No comments: