Thursday, August 13, 2015

Life as we know it

The beginning of TLC's "John and Kate Plus 8" always said "It's a crazy life, but it's our life." As a single young lady who managed a classroom full of children every day, I remember thinking "That is ridiculous! If your life is crazy, make changes. You're the boss of those kids. Just tell them to calm the heck down!" 

Now I have two boys and a baby on the way. My chaos isn't a drop in the bucket to the Gosslin household, but I can tell you this - it's chaos! Beautiful, loud, unrestrained, laughter-filled chaos. Yes, I'm the boss of my kids. They're incredibly well behaved. But they're also experts at "spin-a-roonies" off the couch and leaping into my lap until they knock me down. Our living room is so full of Duplos and balls and books about trucks and unfolded laundry, it's hard to walk. My hair and make up are never done and today I didn't get out of pajamas until at least 1pm. I hardly notice the chaos until I get crazy enough to take them to Belk. By myself. (For those who are curious, don't try it. It's not for the faint of heart.) 

But even when that chaos is in full force, I'm so content in this crazy life! Some days, I want to pull out my hair - like when no one takes a nap. Some days, my heart explodes with love for these little guys living in my home. Our house is never boring (or quiet) so feel free to drop by if you're ever restless. Just give me a warning before you visit the restroom! With a potty training preschooler and a morning sick pregnant mommy, I might need to wipe it down. 

No comments: