Monday, August 24, 2015

17 months

Dear Noah,
Tomorrow you'll be 17 months old. I hate to admit it, but I think I blinked. That's the only explanation I have for how we got here so fast! The first 3 months of your life felt like an eternity. (You were not a happy baby!) But since then we've figured each other out and have a beautiful groove going! 

Tonight when I rocked you at bedtime I thought back to when your brother was this age. At 18 months old a switch flipped and he became a totally different child. Is the same switch waiting for you in a month? Will you continue to be the easy going toddler I know now? Will your temper tantrums grow even stronger? Will you continue to have a laugh that comes so easily? (That laugh, by the way, is one of my favorite sounds in the world. I love the way your giggle rolls out effortlessly and your grin swallows your whole face. I love the way you have a laugh just for me. I love that you get hiccups when you laugh too hard.) Will you still adore your big brother? Will you adore the baby that's on the way? 

Your life is full of so many unanswered questions. I guess all life is, really. Your sweet smile sure makes it fun to watch the answers unfold. This month, I think I'll snuggle you a little closer. This may be the last month you let me do so. I love you my precious Noah-Roah. Always and forever.

Love, 
Mommy

No comments: