Monday, April 26, 2010

The next chapter

So here's how it all unfolded... A friend of ours is the general manager at Chick-Fil-A. He said they needed cashiers. After much debate, we decided I should apply so that we could have a little extra cash for an anniversary trip and my brother's upcoming wedding. That was several weeks ago. When we didn't hear anything from the owner of the store, we decided God was telling us to wait some more. So we waited. We knew God had a plan so we just waited like we've been doing for a year now!

On Friday, our friend called to set up an interview. I went in later that afternoon to interview with him and the owner. I went in and talked with the owner. As we talked, he began to express the fact that I was over-qualified for a cashier job and that he'd much rather hire me as his director of marketing. I'd never considered anything in marketing so I was shocked. He told me to go home and think about it and discuss it with the hubs.

It didn't take much discussing to realize that we both had a huge amount of peace about the position and that we were very very excited! Saturday morning, I texted our friend and told him I was interested in the job despite the lack of experience and would love to be considered for the position. That afternoon, I met him at Chick-Fil-A to fill out tax papers. I start work tomorrow!

We are thrilled about the position and I can't wait to work for such an incredible company! The more I've read my orientation papers, the more I love Chick-Fil-A. I will continue to actively seek a teaching position in the area. Then in August I can walk away with no strings attached. Or, if I don't have a teaching position I can stay on at Chick-Fil-A.

And thus begins a new chapter in the life of the Hammonds!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Congrats! What a great opportunity! Hope it comes with a discount... :)