Friday, June 1, 2012

The End of a Chapter

Today marked the end of a chapter in my life. One door has closed and the Lord has opened an exciting new one. My heart is sad and happy, terrified and excited, worried and thrilled - all at the same time!

Today was the last day of school. I said good-bye to my last class of students and hugged friends I've seen every day for two years. As I walked out of the building my heart broke for the end of a chapter and soared for the start of another.

I can't wait to start this new chapter as a stay at home mom! I know how extremely blessed I am that my husband wants me to stay home with Caleb - even if it's going to be tough financially. Yes, I'm worried about the finances - and absolutely terrified about being a good stay at home mom. But I couldn't be more excited that this is where the Lord has us headed next.

However, that didn't remove the sadness my heart felt as I said good-bye. I will never again be just a teacher. There have been lots of sad moments in the last few weeks as I realized all of the "lasts" I was walking through.

When I got home today (after I took a nice, long nap!) I was anxious to get started on the nesting urges that have been burning inside the past few weeks. I sat in the nursery and went through buckets and boxes and bags of gifts. It was wonderful! And a bit overwhelming! We've been so blessed by people generously giving us things for this sweet baby on the way . Now I can't wait to get all of those sweet little clothes in our new washing machine!

No comments: