Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 5

Yesterday, Brandi posted that she was thankful for the ability to walk. I'm not trying to steal her thunder or take away the true blessing each step is for her. But today I am thankful for my ability to walk. Today, I completed my very first 5K. It was a wonderful, fantastic time, and it was way more of a blessing than I ever imagined it would be. I spent a good part of those 3 miles talking to the Lord and it was a wonderful time! I'm so thankful for the chance I had to raise money for brain cancer research, to walk in celebration of my friend, to spend the day with the Hubsters, and to finally do the 5K I've always wanted to complete! I'm also so thankful for the friends that I supported us as we walked - that prayed and made donations and that cheered me on. It was a wonderful day and my heart is so full!
At the finish line!

No comments: