Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh, the irony!

Yesterday, I shared with you my complete lack of gardening skills. Yesterday afternoon, when the mail arrived I had a letter that made me literally laugh out loud! Let me share with you the highlights...

"Congratulations on your nomination!" My nomination to what, you ask? The National Home Gardening Club. Specifically, the Minnetonka, Minnesota Club.

"It's no secret among your friends and neighbors that you are an outstanding gardener. As someone who is passionately devoted to your hobby, you're exactly the kind of person our Club is always looking for."

"[The Club] is not for beginners! Only serious gardeners are nominated."

I swear folks, I am not making this up. I got a free pack of seeds and timed release all purpose plant food. It feeds up to 4 months! (Then it says 14-14-14 underneath. As the experienced, master gardener that I am - I have no clue what that mean!) The best part is, if I return the RSVP card, I get to be a member of the club and get free seeds. That I have no clue what to do with! Do flowers grow in a yard full of dandelions, buttercups, and dirt so dry it's literally cracked? We also have our very own puppy-sized sink hole. Can I put the seeds there? :)

No comments: