- Mom came to visit last week during her spring break. She was surprised by a nice, cleaned out guest room. And a mint on her pillow. Granted, the mint was several years old and she was strongly discouraged from actually eating it, but there was a mint on her pillow nonetheless!
- For my birthday, mom bought me the cookbook I've been covetting since October. She also bought me new tennis shoes! I've been wearing my previous pair since is was about 15. It was time for some new kicks. They're comfy and cute and very white! They also have a good splash of purple. This makes everything better.
- Once D.J. got home from his tournament on Friday, we headed to Waco. It was a wonderful, relaxing four days where we got to enjoy family and friends. And my sister bought a car! We got to be there with her when she signed the papers. I think I took about 150 pictures of the salesman and the paper work. Megan could create an entire scrapbook from that few hours of her life! :)
- On Tuesday, we went to the grocery store and saved well over $100 on sales and coupons. It was almost 60% of our total bill. We also got two gift cards to spend on our next trip!
- On Wednesday, we took the dogs to the dog park. It was way more fun than we ever imagined! We plan on returning often!
- The dog park included a section of lake where dogs were encouraged to swim. Marley jumped right in next to the huge chocolate labs. Cua took a little more encouragement (read: we threw her in against her will) but we actually got a few pictures of them swimming side by side. It was adorable!
- When we got home, the dogs were nasty from the mud at the lake so we filled the bathtub to the top and let them swim in the tub. My arms are still covered in scratches from Cua's protests.
- When D.J. attempted to hop in the shower to rinse the soap off the dogs, he discovered the hot water heater had gone out and he was standing in ice cold water.
- D.J. drained the hot water heater and attempted to pull out the defective heating elements. Of course, this didn't go as smoothly planned. We ended up eating cold fast food at around 9:30 Wednesday night. I don't suggest you try to re-create our evening!
- D.J. is outside mowing the weeds while the cinnamon roll dough rises on the oven. I'm attempting to catch up on the laundry and not peek at the dough too often.
2 Adorable Throw Pillows, Only $15.99!
4 hours ago