Thursday, November 12, 2015

Abigail

Dear Abigail,

Abigail. Abigail. Wow. I've named a hundred baby dolls Abigail (never Abby) and dreamed of the day is have a baby girl of my own. When God gave me your two brothers, I fell madly in love with being a boy mom and I was sure I would be one the rest of my life. Then God gave us you.

When the blood work came back and I saw pink highlighter on the paper, I screamed. Loudly. I jumped around and giggled and screamed some more. That paper hung on our fridge until a few days ago. I must admit, every time I looked at it, my eyes would fall to the bottom where a disclaimer clearly stated the results were 98.9% accurate. A tiny piece of my heart was terrified I'd fall in the statistical minority. That this little girl I was dreaming of was really a boy. I prayed and prayed that I wouldn't be disappointed when an ultrasound showed boy parts. 

But on Monday, we had an ultrasound. On Monday we saw what I never thought would be. Little girl parts. Finally, my heart felt peace. This dream is real. I'm having a daughter. I wish my words could describe how DIFFERENT this feels. It's a beautiful mystery I'll spend the rest of my life figuring out. 

Watching the ultrasound was amazing! Almost a worshipful moment for me. Your tiny heart is the size of a nickel but it beats perfectly with 4 little chambers and valves. You have tiny fingers and a face that looks so much like your brothers it's unreal. You have long gorgeous legs that love to stick straight out! No wonder I've felt sharp jabs on my right side lately. :) 

You are beautiful, my precious daughter, and I can't wait to meet you! Our house is buzzing with excitement and your brothers ask about you daily. Noah even learned to say A-gee this week when we talk about you. We all love you and are so excited that you're a part of our family!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: