Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

Do you see this one? The one with the blue eyes that sparkle and shine? He changed my name. 

Do you see this one? The one with the smile that literally stops strangers in the store? He changed everything I knew about motherhood.

Do you see this one? The one with all the hair? She changed...well, she changed everything.

Together these three have rearranged me from the inside out, stretched me beyond my limit, split me in two, and made me weep in pain and exhaustion. They have brought me hurt I never knew possible. 

Together these three have challenged me to be better than I was, forced me to live outside of myself, and burst my heart wide open with a love I never imagined. They have brought me joy I never knew possible. 

Motherhood is nothing I expected it would be. It's so much harder. It's so much better. It's so much more beautiful. This Mother's Day, I'm so thankful for these 3 precious little ones that call me "Mommy." (And often call me "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!") They are such a precious expression of my heart and I wouldn't be who I am without them. 

No comments: