Thursday, May 1, 2014

1 month

Dear Noah,

4 days old

One month old
You are a month old! I can hardly believe it's been a month since you surprised us with your early arrival. Before you were born I wondered how my heart would manage loving another child as deeply as I loved Caleb. But those early days in the hospital proved I had nothing to fear! I was instantly in love with this tiny baby who looked so much like his brother! Everything about you was absolutely perfect and I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have two precious boys to cradle in my arms.


The first thing your daddy said when he saw you was, "Oh my gosh! He looks just like Caleb!" Your baby pictures are identical and I'm kinda worried about bring able to tell them apart in a few years. I need to get organized now! But your looks are where your similarities end. You are quiet and only talk when there's not much going on around you. However, you are not afraid to let us know when you're not happy! You have a set of lungs on you louder than anything your brother ever threw at us. :) Where Caleb was a fast, veracious eater, your motto is "slow and steady wins the race." We struggled with nursing at first but we're trucking along now! Within a month I knew Caleb had a pretty serious milk allergy. I'm still not sure if you'll have food allergies but we're battling a nasty round of reflux! Right now the Zantac is making a difference and I'm so thankful! You don't cry as often and I'm learning a few tricks to help keep your tummy happy. But you know, even after hours of screaming, my heart swells when you settle down at the sound of my voice. I can't describe the love I feel when you snuggle in close and you sigh like my arms are finally the relief you've been looking for. In those moments when we nurse in the middle of the night - those moments when I'm absolutely exhausted - those moments when I can't see straight for all the stress in the room - it's in those moments that I know you belong here. You belong in our family just as naturally as oxygen belongs in your lungs. God knew what He was doing when He gave us you. He knew how deeply I'd fall in love with this tiny Snicker Snacker named Noah!




At your one month check up you weighed 9lbs, 1oz and were 20 and 3-4" long. Your weight gain is slow and steady and I'm thrilled! You're getting to wear all of the newborn clothes Caleb never wore and you still fit in those adorable tiny newborn diapers! I actually prayed for a smaller baby this time around so I could enjoy you being tiny for a little while before you grew...


You got to celebrate your first holiday at just 3 weeks old. You were too little for us to leave the house, so we didn't go to Easter service. But we did get to enjoy some precious family time! Your Granny, Grandaddy, Aunt Nerfer, and cousins came over for lunch and a fun egg hunt! You slept and nursed through almost all of the festivities, but I did sneak a few pictures when you had your eyes open. My heart was so full just knowing we could celebrate as a family of 4.



I love you so much, my little Snicker Snacker! I'm so thankful that God gave us you! I'm truly enjoying every sleepless moment... Please stay little for just a bit longer! I need to snuggle you some more!

Love,
Mommy


No comments: