Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer

Ever since I was a child, I've loved summer for it's freedom and laid back lazy days. When I married a school teacher, I was thrilled that we would both have summers together. The past several years, we have wondered where those lazy days have gone. The summer we started dating, we spent every free moment traveling between our two citites to see one another. The next summer, we got married and I moved into his house. Between moving and my job search, it took up 90% of our summer and there was little time left for the lazy days. Last summer, we were strapped for cash and I was working part time at Chick-Fil-A in order to help. It was a hot, thankless job and my feet ached all summer. It took away from the time we had to spend together and the time we had to spend with family. That being said, we were thrilled that we had this summer to be as free as a bird!

We started the summer by allowing ourselves to be fully addicted to our new favorite TV show. We have spent the past three and a half (almost four) weeks visiting my family in Waco. It was a wonderful time and we enjoyed every moment of it! I especially enjoyed Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. I also got to catch up with several friends that I've missed terribly. It was a blessing to have so much time together.

We are now back home, unpacked, and are loving the last few days of summer. (I have training next week and that's the beginning of school gearing up.) We are packing in as much time as possible with the Hubsters' family and loving every second of it. For all of the wonderful, lazy days of summer I absolutely love the excitment and newness of a new school year. As temperatures (hopefully) cool off, I love the promise of a fresh bundle of pencils or a brand new box of crayons. As the Hubsters and I set up new classrooms, we enjoy every moment of getting things organized and settled.

Continue to pray for my sweet friend Brandi. She is in the fight of her life and is halfway through this round radiation and chemo. They are headed into a gut-wrenching time of waiting to see if the treatments are working and the tumors are shrinking. Please pray as they wait until the last week of August for additional scans and test results. If you'd like to follow their journey through brain cancer, you can get updates on her Caring Bridge website.

No comments: