- On the last day of school in June, DJ was hired as the new math teacher and tennis coach at a nearby high school. We danced and cheered because we knew we wouldn't be living in a cardboard box!
- On June 27, 2010 we celebrated our very first anniversary! It was a wonderful time to enjoy being together. We took an overnight trip to a teeny little town called Jefferson, TX. It is a sweet little town that time seems to have forgotten. We loved it and have every intention of going back next summer!
- While we were in Jefferson, we decided to take a side trip to Uncertain, TX. On the way to Uncertain, we got stuck in a blinding rain storm with no cell phone reception or GPS. (We decided we would have been horrible pioneers!) We almost ran out of gas and got horribly lost while having a good laugh over signs reading, "Uncertain Church". We also picked up several nails in one tire.
- Once we filled up the car with gas, we made a short trip over the state line just so we could say we went to Louisiana. We decided that my allergies do NOT like Louisiana. I have no plans of returning any time soon. :)
- A few weeks ago, I got a call that I got a teaching job as well! I'll be teaching Pre-K special ed at an elementary school only about 15 min away! I only have one student, an aide, and the biggest classroom you can imagine! (Check out Facebook for the pictures!) This week, I will join the other pre-k teachers at a conference and I'm thrilled! I can't wait to be a part of team again!!
- I have offically turned in my two weeks notice at Chick-Fil-A. I have a very busy August and won't be able to work at all. Therfore, my last day will be June 30th. I'm happy and sad all at once!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Where we've been!
In the last few months, life has been a little crazy in our house! My head is still spinning from all of it... Here are the highlights of life as we know it: